Read the Bible in One Year: Joshua 13-15
Joshua 14:13-14 â€“ Then Joshua blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh and gave him Hebron as his inheritance. So Hebron has belonged to Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite ever since, because he followed the Lord, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly.
God is always faithful. We can count on Him.
Caleb, along with Joshua, had been one of the twelve spies sent by Moses to explore the land of Canaan. While the other spies gave a negative report filled with fear and doubt, Caleb and Joshua expressed confidence in their ability to conquer the land (Numbers 13:30). Now Caleb, having waited 45 long years, reminds Joshua of Mosesâ€™ promise to give him a portion of the land as an inheritance because of his wholehearted devotion to God (Joshua 14:6-9). God fulfils His promise to Caleb by granting him the land of Hebron as his inheritance (Joshua 14:12-14).
God is faithful. God’s faithfulness is rooted in His unchanging character. He is true to His word, and His promises are sure. Throughout history, we see countless examples of God’s faithfulness in action. He fulfilled His covenant with Abraham, delivered the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, and sent Jesus as the ultimate manifestation of His faithfulness and love.
- Godâ€™s faithfulness is boundless (Psalm 36:5)
- Godâ€™s faithfulness is constant and enduring. His love and compassion towards us are renewed each day. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- God remains unwavering in His faithfulness even when we have doubts and struggle with our own faith (2 Timothy 2:13)
- God is faithful to provide a way out and give us the strength to endure even in times of temptation or struggle, (1 Corinthians 10:13)
In a world filled with uncertainties, Godâ€™s faithfulness shines as an anchor for our souls. We serve a loving and faithful God who keeps His promises. In response to God’s faithfulness, let us remain steadfast in our trust. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23). May His faithfulness inspire us to live lives of trust, hope, gratitude, obedience, and devotion.
- In what areas of my life do I struggle to fully rely on God’s faithfulness? How can I surrender those areas to Him and trust His unwavering love?
- How can I live out my faith in a way that reflects God’s faithfulness to those around me, offering them hope and encouragement?
- What are some practical ways I can express gratitude for God’s unshakeable faithfulness in my life?
For more daily devotions like this â€“ At the Potterâ€™s Wheel (Kindle)